Matthew 28:19-20

Jesus said, "Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Seven years later...

“It's back to reality. Waiting for job offers and my heart still cries "Here I am Lord, send me!" – that was how I ended Mission 2001 to Cambodia and Vietnam. I even shared with few close friends that I would like to be involved in short term mission trip every two years. However, nothing did really take place until June 2008 - when I said yes to be part of the A-team to Manila, Philippines =)


BEFORE :
Our team made a commitment to meet every Sunday. We prayed, we sang, we danced, we acted, we watched video, we rehearsed testimony, we learnt paper and rope tricks, we ate bread, drank milk and we also went through an interview with our advisors (hmm, it was more like a catching up session though).

Personally, I struggled with having to do and remember so many things; from the drama roles to the rope trick to my own testimony =( Knowing that in my weakness, He is glorifed, I persevered on =)


27But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29so that no one may boast before him. 30It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."[1 Corinthians 1:27-31]



DURING :
I learnt to be
… Flexible, Adaptable and Teachable (as summoned by D-Way, haha) – a story teller to the children one day and an emcee for a Youth event the next day.
… grateful and content with what I have. My heart saddens to see a young girl saving her rice during one of the feeding ministry for her next meal, and how many of their homes are no bigger than my own room.

On the other hand, I also felt helpless and frustrated seeing the many homeless street kids sleeping on road pavements. The only comfort I have is that God is keeping watch over them and most important is their salvation =)


25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? [Matthew 6:25-26]

AFTER :
Now that I’m back, I want to give thanks and glory to God for keeping watch over us, for the many answered prayers, for friends and most important, for reminding me again that missions is exciting, sharing Christ’s love with others should be something all Christians should be passionate about.

In my lifetime, in this generation, I want to be a part of those who make a difference, come join me =)

18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." [Matthew 28:18-20]

P/S : The next time around, I pray and hope it’d be sooner than “Seven years later …”

May

No comments: